Sunday, 29 September 2013

The Royal Plea



I sit and stare, 
As another dawn sets in, and sheer rays tease me 
With envy, with anguish 
I see, they giggle at a passive me. 
Aah! turn of prey, 
But, no.... No preys nor feasts anymore, I sigh,
Pounding at the dirty dose of flesh they feed.
Growls and roars heard from where I never knew, 
The roars , near yet too far, lone, bereft a pal ...
Roars of pent up hunger, roused at sting of rotten brawn 
The sole meal we deserve here.
Limps that craved to hunt down,
Now scrap morsels, off a damp floor!

I pace up and down.
Glances piercing my solitude, glances par the comfort of bars.
Gasps, squeals and guffaws 
Whispers and amused shrieks.
They poke me, they mock me, 
All I do, but stare!
They relish my strips, my pomp carcass 
But never they see the ordeal of my eyes!
Shadows keep moving far and wide 
Left in with not even my shadow!

A distant dream of lush green woods,
Of shiny lakes and fresh air,
Of a pack and mighty life,
Luring me to live through the bars. 
But as I heave to breathe in, the last ounce of life,
The bleeding eyes, the pain that prevails, 
tells me, it was a mere dream, never to be real!

My fate stifled by the sound rods,
My life on an ending note 
Words of a broken heart gone unheard, 
YOU Bards, free to sing, but WE the pack of Pards,
Left to sink,
Sink in a gloom of futility,
To exist on shackles and chains .
Today, morrow and ever ...








9 comments:

  1. This post has been selected for the Tangy Tuesday Picks this week. Thank You for an amazing post! Cheers! Keep Blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the mention :) Am elated! :D

      Delete
  2. Powerful words used here to send out a great message. Keep writing Parvathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest problem of this world is HUMANS. By the way, even humans are not free to sing, other humans ensure that their voice is judged, mocked and thwarted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just the biggest problem, but the most ideal solution to it all are humans too! At least we have a voice of our own, but who will speak the feelings of such poor creatures!

      Delete
  4. Brilliant writing....The picture could have shown a lion though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yeah a lion was a good option too. But this pic is something like my favourite. The despair and gloom in the eyes of the Royal Cat couldn't be expressed better!

      Delete