Friday, 21 March 2014

When Heart Probes




Mumma, look at this. Maasi bought it for me. She said I'll look a princess on the wedding day. After all she isn't that bad. You remember what I told you the day Papa brought you here na? How Papa was left with no option other than bringing you here! That was OUR secret then. But today I made Maasi too a part of our secret. And you know what Papa said? "The ice is melting." He said this with a cute smile, so I didn't retort. Maybe he was thinking of something else. Other wise why would he say that! Funny na! Or does it mean something that I don't know Mumma? I heard Naani saying to her friends that you would be so happy seeing me getting along with Maasi. Are you?
Oh Mumma! How could I forget this. You know Nita Ma'm selected me and Ashish for the Rhyme Dance and not Pinky. Serves her right! You remember na, how she made fun of me and was telling everyone that she dance better than me. Papa told, Maasi and he'll be coming to watch my dance. When I asked him about you, he picked up his phone and went out, as always. Poor Papa. He's always very busy na! Then Naani hugged me and told me something that I couldn't inderstand. She too is strange. She always end up in tears talking and I never know what she is saying! Not just Naani. Many does that. But I never say anything bad. Pakka promise. Everytime I feel like saying "bad" things, I remember your words. I'm your little angel and angels never do anything bad. Then why are they like this? Maybe they too have dust allergy like you. That's why they cry at times. So Mumma, won't you too come to watch me dance with Ashish?  
Papa told me not to go school tomorrow. He says, it's Haldi. Mumma, it is the same day when people play Holi with only yellow color na. Like you did in that picture of yours. I love yellow. How pretty you look in yellow! And I know I too will. After all I'm your little angel. I'm getting sleepy. Come let's sleep. Mumma, you know something, I love hugging you while sleeping. Good night Mumma.

 Questions and answers. Now, they dawned in her dreams. She loved this routine of asking and answering.
Alas! Sculptures wouldn't speak.




This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

15 comments:

  1. Full of innocence !
    and the last line of the post touched my heart.

    Beautifully written :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear for being the first reader.Yeah. Little things are often innocent too :D

      Delete
  2. TOUCHED... REALLY REALLY TOUCHED!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Rarely see you commenting here :P Thanks de ;)

      Delete
  4. Very emotional and touching. Very nicely written dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally could get my comments published. :)

      Delete
    2. Chechi :)))) I have been waiting for your comments :) Thank you so much :D

      Delete
  5. Children are full of innocent and a WoW post written from the heart.
    Cheerz
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/03/23/wow-last-cigarette-and-1-40-a-m-local/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They are the incarnation of innocence in itself! Welcome to the blog :)

      Delete
  6. No one observes like children I think. Innocence at its best, childhood. Sad for her loss, but it isn't really a loss when memories are there and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They have the eyes that actually see things. And I dont know why but I love writing from a child's perspective. It makes things simpler.

      Delete